Prep Method: Mix
Updated February 17th, 2022
Water covers 71% of the Earth's surface, of which only 2.5% is fresh water and drinkable. When in a liquid state, under normal conditions, it's invaluable for transportation, recreation, and as a habitat for many plants and animals.
Since water is easily changeable to a vapour (gas) this allows it to be transported through the atmosphere from the oceans to inland areas where it condenses into rain, and nourishes even more plant and animal life.
A few of the many good reasons to add more water to your daily diet are:
- Water delivers oxygen through your blood to different parts of the body.
- Minerals and nutrients will dissolve in water, which makes them able to reach different parts of the body.
- Water will regulate your body temperature through sweating to quickly remove excess heat.
- It lubricates the cartilage, found in your joints and the disks of your spine.
- Dehydration can cause the skin to become vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.
- Water helps to maintain blood pressure, dehydration can cause blood to become thicker, increasing blood pressure.
- Asthma and allergies will worsen when you are dehydrated as your body will restrict the airways in an effort to minimize water loss.
- The digestive system needs water to work properly or you will have an increase chance of heartburn and stomach ulcers.
- Your kidneys regulate fluid in the body. Insufficient water can lead to kidney stones and other problems.
Usually found in the Home Made Aisle.